* Gallup – “Healthcare Once Again Tops List of Americans’ Worries” (2019)
SELF-PAY & FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE SCREENING
ActiveASSIST is our real-time financial assistance screening and workflow management solution. Our solution is designed to identify alternative funding sources for patients, support patient advocacy through counseling and assistance, and ensure that self-pay patients are managed consistently.
55% of Americans Worry About The
Affordability & Availability of Healthcare*
Screen Your Patients for Third-Party Payers
INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY & REVENUE
- Identify potential funding sources prior to date of service
- Ensure provider is payer of last resort by exhausting all other options first
- Segment and prioritize based on propensity to pay
- Facilitate and assist staff with follow-up and counseling discussions
- More effectively manage your self-pay and patient pay population
IMPROVE THE PATIENT EXPERIENCE
- Provide compassionate, supportive counseling to self-pay and under-insured patients
- Integrated calculators for defining household income and resources
- Improve patient advocacy with real-time updates & simultaneous pursuit of multiple programs
- Provides payment collection options based on each patient’s situation
STREAMLINE & AUTOMATE processes
- Pre-populate application forms
- Utilize business rules to identify best candidates for assistance programs
- Integrated, real-time presumptive scoring on the front end, upon request, & prior to bad debt
- Distributed workflow supporting internal staff, onsite vendors, & offsite/field associates
PATIENT-FIRST TECHNOLOGY SOLUTION
ActiveASSIST is fully integrated with the Patient Account Rank Order (PARO) presumptive charity system to help identify financial counseling prospects.
The PARO system determines the likelihood that a patient will qualify for financial assistance based on demographic data modeled from surrounding communities and historical charity approvals previously made by the hospital.
ActiveASSIST PROVIDES NUMEROUS BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
Anytime, Anywhere! At point of (pre)registration, bedside, PFS, and in the field
Guarantees that ALL patients are given the same fair and level assessment
Redirect collection efforts and activities based on ability to pay
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE SCREENING: HOW IT WORKS
PARO joins its charity analytics with a proprietary payment score that helps identify which patients are likely to make a payment and which patients should be extended financial assistance options. This predictive model, coupled with a basic questionnaire integrated into the (pre)registration process, enables ActiveASSIST to identify a likely prospect and route the patient history, visit information and electronic application forms to internal counselors or hospital-approved vendors for follow-up.
Quick Screens basic questionnaires combined with the PARO presumptive charity result identify likely prospects for financial assistance early in the revenue cycle.
Plan Code Recommendations recommended plan codes are presented to the registrar according to business rule selection and prioritization based on the “payer of last resort.”
Calculation of Charitable Co-Pay
Full Assessments comprehensive interview captures detailed information in the facility, in the field, or at contracted vendor locations.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE WORKFLOW MANAGEMENT & REPORTING
Determining that a patient is a candidate for financial assistance is a key step in the process, but it is by no means the entire process. ActiveASSIST monitors progress and documentation requirements in order to escalate accounts that are not advancing at an acceptable pace. Tracking follow-up tasks ensures that accounts don’t age unnecessarily due to neglect. ActiveASSIST can enforce specific documentation requirements for each assistance program and flag and assign deficiencies to associates for resolution.
Additionally, ActiveASSIST can extend these same capabilities to a hospital’s vendors, enabling all participants to share information throughout the process. The hospital retains control of accounts and can quickly transition them from vendors back to internal counselors and managers.
As a patient advocacy tool that not only identifies financial assistance opportunities for patients but also manages the application process for them, ActiveASSIST can truly be described as “patient-first” technology.
Request a Demo
Interested in ActiveASSIST?
Fill out the form below to get in touch and view a live demo!